Adults Need Vaccines TOO!
Are you one of the millions of adults not receiving the vaccines you need?
Vaccines are NOT just for kids! Regardless of age, we ALL need immunizations to protect against serious, and sometimes deadly, diseases. Protection from vaccines you received as a child can wear off over time, and you may be at risk for new and different diseases.
Find Out Which Vaccines You Need
The specific vaccines you need as an adult are determined by your age, job, lifestyle, health conditions, where you travel, and which vaccines you’ve had in the past. Throughout your adult life, vaccines are recommended to get and maintain protection against:
Take this quiz to determine which vaccines may be recommended for you and create a customized printout to discuss with your doctor.
- Seasonal influenza (flu) (for all adults)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) (for all adults who have not previously received the Tdap vaccine and for women during each pregnancy)
- Tetanus and diphtheria (every 10 years following Tdap vaccine)
- Shingles (for adults 60 years and older)
- Pneumococcal disease (for adults 65 years and older and adults younger than 65 who have specific health conditions)
Other vaccinations you may need include those that protect against human papillomavirus (which can cause certain cancers), meningococcal disease, hepatitis B, hepatitis A, chickenpox, measles, mumps, and rubella.
Ask your doctor which vaccines are right for you.